Very few products we reviewed are specific to Texas or include direct references to the TEKS in teacher and/or student materials. However, some products contain supplemental resources, such as lesson plans and correlation documents, to help Texas teachers plan TEKS-aligned instruction. Surprisingly, some products that include Texas in their titles (e.g., Pearson’s “Texas Manufacturing Welding”) do not include references to the TEKS. This is likely due to the fact that many CTE products, while suitable for high school instruction, are designed to meet the needs of community college students and students in career and technical schools. [Read more…]
Posts made in May 15th, 2017
Click here to subscribe for weekly updates.
Connect with us
Advanced Placement alignment AP Calculus CCSS Cengage Learning College Board Common Core Common Core State Standards comprehensive curriculum Digital eBook ELA ELAR Elementary Elementary Math ELL ELLs funding high school High School Math instructional materials Learning List math mathematics McGraw-Hill Middle School OER Online Pearson print publishers reading Reviews RtI Science Social Studies STAAR standards state adoption Supplemental Supplemental Materials Teachers TEKS
- Frequently Asked Questions About Learning List
- New Product Reviews: Glynlyon Odysseyware Middle School Mathematics and English Language Arts and Reading (Texas Editions)
- Changes to the Lexile Framework
- New Product Reviews: Glynlyon Odysseyware Mathematics 300-500 and Language Arts 300-500 Series
- What Should You Expect From Test Prep Materials?