Learning List has reviewed each of the six Proclamation 2017 CTE products that have been state adopted for Principles of Health Science. Please find a brief overview of each product below:
- Applied Educational Systems’ HealthCenter21 is a comprehensive, digital curriculum that provides a library of learning modules that support teacher-led and self-directed study and facilitate instruction in blended learning environments. Instruction prepares students for the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) certification exams.
- E. Publishing’s Introduction to Health Care in a Flash! An Interactive, Flash-Card Approach covers basic concepts in anatomy and physiology and introduces students to careers in the health care field. Instruction discusses how different cultures, customs, and religious beliefs may affect a patient’s health care choices. Materials are available in print format with additional online components.
- Cengage Learning’s DHO [Diversified Health Occupations] Health Science, 8th Edition, provides an overview of the knowledge and skills needed for a wide range of health care professions as well as the specific skills needed to prepare for some careers (e.g., dental assistant). Instruction provides opportunities for students to practice implementing medical procedures (e.g., donning and removing transmission-based isolation garments). Resources are available in print format and include additional online components.
- CEV Multimedia’s Principles of Health Science presents content in PowerPoint and video lessons. Instruction begins with a set of lessons addressing general topics (e.g., professional communication, mathematics in health science), followed by lessons addressing human development (e.g., fetal and infant, adolescent male), workplace skills (e.g., leadership styles, managing people), and health informatics, diagnostic and support services, and biotechnology research.
- Goodheart-Willcox’s Introduction to Health Science: Pathways to Your Future, 1st Edition, introduces students to the knowledge and skills needed to for entry-level occupations in the health science career cluster. Instruction addresses the Precision Exams’ Health Science Standards and prepares students for the Precision Exams’ Standards and Career Skills Exam and certification. Resources support instruction in blended learning environments.
- Pearson’s Principles of Health Science, Texas Edition, covers the knowledge and skills needed for a variety of entry-level jobs in the medical field and includes cross-curricular links to content in math, science, and language arts. Frequent application activities are integrated throughout instruction. Resources are available in print and eBook formats.
Subscribe to Learning List for access to the spec sheet, full editorial review and detailed alignment report for this material, and thousands of other widely used Pk-12 resources.