National Teachers’ Day is a special day to recognize and show appreciation to teachers in the USA for their extraordinary contributions to education and development. Let’s celebrate and honor them for their special contributions throughout Teachers’ Appreciation Week (May 4-8).
Share this Infographic with others; more details and active links are included below the image:
Click the Infographic to download and share.
4 Popular Twitter Hashtags
3 Empowering and Inspiring Videos
[Click Image for Kid President Video]
A Letter to the Future [Kid President]
Click Image for “What’s Stopping You…” Video
What’s Stopping You From Achieving Your Goals?
Click Image for Science of Happiness Video
The Science of Happiness
3 Popular Facebook Sites
- NEA Today: The National Education Association (NEA), the nation’s largest professional employee organization, is committed to advancing the cause of public education. NEA’s 3 million members work at every level of education—from pre-school to university graduate programs. NEA has affiliate organizations in every state and in more than 14,000 communities across the United States (source: NEA}
- We Are Teachers: WeAreTeachers celebrates educators with classroom ideas, “helpline” advice, inspiration and laughs every day. Why? Because teachers are AWESOME! (source: We Are Teachers)
- Mind Shift: Exploring the future of learning in all its dimensions – covering cultural and technology trends, groundbreaking research, and innovations in education. (source: Mind Shift)
4 Ways to Celebrate
- Host a mini class party for class teachers.
- Make an Award or Artwork for your Teacher
- Hang banners on classroom doors as decoration and sign of gratitude.
- Write a personal “Thank You” note or card to your teachers.
Famous Teacher Quotes
The dream begins, most of the time, with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you on to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called truth. – Dan Rather
If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people. – Chinese Proverb
Teach the children so it will not be necessary to teach the adults. – Abraham Lincoln
What we want is to see the child in pursuit of knowledge, and not knowledge in pursuit of the child. -George Bernard Shaw
If someone is going down the wrong road, he doesn’t need motivation to speed him up. What he needs is education to turn him around. – Jim Rohn
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. – Benjamin Franklin
The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
What we want is to see the child in pursuit of knowledge, and not knowledge in pursuit of the child. – George Bernard Shaw
© 2015 Learning List